Today I attended a complimentary lunch provided for for Blog and Tweet Boston by Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse, an upscale steakhouse located on Liberty Wharf in the Seaport District close to Jerry Remy’s, 75 on Liberty Wharf, and Tezmacal. For more casual occasions, there is a Del Frisco’s Grille in Chestnut Hill.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by friendly staff serving samples of the VIP cocktail (clementine-infused vodka with pineapple juice) and pomegranate martini.
We ate in the Harbor Room, a sizable room ideal for engagement dinners, rehearsal dinners or private parties. I sat with Jess, Erin, Liz, Jen, Jill, Tali, and Semirah. We got to try a wide variety of the Del Frisco’s appetizers, salads, entrees, steaks, and dessert, with many dishes served family-style. The staff even brought out display versions for us to photograph. Overall, I enjoyed the food and would come back for a special occasion.
We tried the following excellent appetizers. I’d be tempted to make a meal of them!
– Ahi tuna tartare with citrus, capers, kalamata olive spread and crostini
– Shanghai-style fried calamari with sweet chili glaze, bean sprouts, cherry peppers, crushed peanuts and scallions
– Crab cake with Cajun lobster sauce
After appetizers came the salads, both of which would have been filling entrees (ahi tuna salad if looking for a light, fresh meal and steakhouse salad if looking for a rich, substantial meal).
– Seared ahi tuna with shaved napa cabbage, arugula, mango, chilled noodles, toasted almonds, tomato, avocado, ginger-sesame dressing
– Steakhouse salad with broiled prime strip steak, deviled egg, baby mixed greens, watercress, avocado, cherry tomato, bacon, parmesan, blue cheese & horseradish lemon dressing
Steakhouse Salad, Individual Portion
The waitstaff kept the food coming, bringing us a variety of entrees to try. My favorites were the filet medallion, corn, and mushrooms.
– Prime shaved steak sandwich with au jus and horseradish sauce accompanied by house-made chips
– Sole francese with lump crabmeat, baby arugula, cherry tomato, lemon chive beurre blanc
– Ribeye steak, strip steak, and filet medallions
– Sides: Harpoon beer-battered onion rings, corn, mushrooms, and potatoes
The final offering was a six-layer lemon doberge cake topped with lemon buttercream icing. Cakes are made fresh every morning. I’m not surprised–these probably sell out every night!
Check It Out
250 Northern Ave
Boston MA 02110