I’m up to playing Chopped chef again, this time with Loacker Quadratini wafers! The challenge: create a unique recipe which incorporates one or more of three flavors of Quadratini wafers (I got lemon, vanilla, and dark chocolate). The recent sunny springtime weather inspired me to make a peach-blueberry cobbler with the vanilla Quadratini wafers and candied ginger. The cobbler turned out well, so now I’m pondering other fruits to go with the lemon and dark chocolate!
2 16-oz packs frozen peaches (or fresh if you find a good deal on them in season)
1 carton blueberries
2 packets rolled oats
1 cup candied ginger, chopped
1.5 cups Loacker Vanilla Quadratini wafer cookies, crushed (I used a mortar and pestle for this)
3/4 stick butter, diced into small cubes
1. Heat the oven to 350.
2. Mix the peaches and blueberries in a bowl.
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and incorporate the small pieces of butter until you have a crumbly mix.
4. Toss the fruit with the crumble mix and distribute into ramekins or baking dishes. I made four ramekins and one 9″ circular dish with this recipe.
5. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
6. Serve warm with whipped topping.
**To vote for my entry, re-pin my Pinterest pin onto one of your boards with the hashtag #PureIngredients**
Connect with Loacker