Ingredients & Modifications
- For the dressing:
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice [used lemon juice instead]
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar [omitted]
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, plus more if desired [used more]
- For the salad:
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed (or pre-washed) [used spinach instead]
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into thin bite-sized strips [used yellow pepper instead]
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded [omitted]
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced [used zucchini instead]
- 2 scallions, finely chopped [used onion instead]
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Prepare sauce. Mix into other ingredients. Eat.
Deliciousness: Five stars. Whole Foods had cooked shrimp on sale last week, and it was enormous and chompable. I liked the zing from the fish sauce and red pepper.
Ease of Preparation: Doable within one episode of Big Bang Theory. The chopping is the most time-consuming part; there was no waiting time because I put the shrimp & cilantro into the sauce while I chopped the veggies.
Leftover Staying Power: I took some to school for lunch the next day, and it held up quite nicely!